My first Monday Mindset post of the year could well be the most important of all. It is less of a Monday mindset, but a mindset for all situations.
Warren Buffet famously said that the 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳. Doing so doesn't come at the mercy of interest rates & it won't fall victim to changes in the stock market.
If you knew you only had one car for the rest of your life you would;
- Service it regularly
- Take care of every scratch on the paintwork
- To not run it into the ground
We only have one body yet we seldom apply this logic to ourselves. We are own worst enemies when it comes to self care.
- Block out time in your work diary for a lunch break. Allow yourself time away from the desk. Go on, do it now.
- Practice mindfulness - It can be all to easy to get stuck inside our own heads and lose perspective. Spending 5-10 mins daily noting down how you feel can help you identify patterns and course correct
- Walk & Talk - Commit to one meeting per day being voice only and walk with your colleagues. You'll feel better for it regardless of weather!